Little bit of progress but no new pics, stole the rear driveline out of my k5, fit like a glove, made new spring perches for the rear diff, made square front driveline and started working on the rear brake lines.
It's been a while since I've updated my thread so here's some stuff I got done. Exhaust is complete, 2 1/2 all the way from the manifolds back Made the side mount for the np205 t-case Removed the oil filter adapter for use with the cooler lines and installed a standard filter adapter. Also filled up the t-cases with fluid, just need to make the t-case shifters then I can drop the body down for good.
Last Edit: Apr 16, 2009 0:36:50 GMT -5 by chevtech
hey hosh thats exactly how i mounted my shocks on my green truck, and you might want to put a few little 90 gussets in the angle, mine bent all to shit. you would never think shocks would do that to a thick piece of angle but they do
I couldn't repair my brakes, so I just made the hor........wait, i don't have a horn! F**K brakes
Finally made some forward progress today, along with some other odds and ends I mainly worked on the t-case shifters. This is the old pin location in the front springs This is how I'm running my steering, just need to pick up an astro van steering box so the arm will turn in the correct direction, steering works perfect like this and I can turn lock to lock with no problem. Steering box ready for hydro assist, will have to swap both covers over to the astro van box when I get it. Very few things to do then the body will get bolted on, YEH!
Installed the astro van steering box so the steering turns correctly and hooked up the steering for good last night. Tonight I finished cutting the rear fenders and bolted the body down, here's a few pics. I could have flexed it more but the right side tire was hitting the other side of the rack.